Tuesday, May 22, 2018

life, lately




Wow
life is just zooming by, isn't it?!

I admit I rarely feel like blogging lately.

Unless it's a super quick note,
writing a post
and adding pictures
(especially when one's camera isn't working properly
so all photos have to be taken with the phone,
and then sent via FB messenger
to oneself,
and then saved to computer
before being added to blog...)
takes a lot longer than you might think.

It does for me, anyways....

~

I think I'll just go through phone pictures,
and work my way backwards.


Hadley was here on Sunday!


She is getting so big,
and she talks
pretty much non-stop.
We can interpret maybe 20% of what she's saying.

She's a little bit sassy
and a lotta bit sweet.



Friday and Saturday,
we built the butcherblock style countertop 
out of the black walnut flooring we bought





It's so pretty!!



A few weeks ago,
the kids wanted to surprise Dad,
and cleaned out the pool
all by themselves!!

They worked together so nicely,
for several hours,
motivated by the knowledge
 that they were blessing their Papa
who has been soooo busy with work.

They already had it filling up,
when he went out to start cleaning it.

I was so proud of them!

With the new pipes,
 our water pressure is amazing
and we had the pool refilled in record time.


Seeing that we skipped Spring
 and went straight to Summer,
it's already gotten tons of use.

~


I got a clothesline for Mother's Day!!!

And Tyler even added a little flower garden to each post!!

It makes me happy.


~


Our property hasn't gotten much any attention
the past two years,
and it's getting a bit wild,
but man, 
I love it!!
And I feel so thankful for it,
and this beautiful house
and these people
several times a day.




2 comments:

  1. I miiiiiissssssss my clothesline so much! Yours is so pretty, Tracy! And I love the wild look in the yard, too. It's beautiful and a lot less work. Sounds like a winning combo to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old clothesline had to come down when we leveled the building site 2 1/2 years ago, and I have pined for it ever since. One of my favorite things is a full clothesline and the smell of sheets dried on the line. mmmmm I don't suppose you could rig a small line on your balcony??

      Delete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)